What I love about travelling to different places is taking dishes I try when I am away and bringing them back to the homeland. Some dishes ( like any dish I tried in India) were extremely hard to replicate but other dishes were a bit simpler. Especially this one. Pasta is not a hard dish to make so when I tried an amazing carbonara spaghetti when I was in Italy- I thought- I can definitely make this one the regular and jazz up my regular tomato sauce and meatballs….and all within under thirty minutes! My italian Nonna is definitely slow clapping right now. What makes this even easier is Barilla’s new No Boil- No Drain noodles. It saves you so much time and after a long day of working- it is much appreciated. I picked the spaghetti one at a local Giant Food Store and then picked up another three different noodles a few days later in case I wanted to try out some more pasta dishes.
Prep time, 10 mins- Cook time- 15 mins
1 Box of Barilla® Pronto™ Spaghetti Pasta
3 slices of double smoked bacon (chopped)
1/4 cup of cream
3 cloves of Garlic
1/2 cup of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
1/2 Parmesan cheese (also set more aside for garnish)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. In a medium sized pot, cook the Spaghetti pasta
2. Cut up your double smoked bacon into tiny chopped bits and place on medium heat in a skillet. Also add int the Garlic
3. Whisk up the eggs, some Pepper, Parmesan, parsley and cream together.
4. Remove the Pasta from the pot and place in the skillet.
5. Add in your egg mixture and toss well until it’s lovely and creamy looking.
6. Serve with a grating of Parmesan, some more parsley and an extra twist of pepper
Make sure you grab some New Barilla Pronto Pasta next time you shop at Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores, or Martin’s Food Markets. Barilla Pronto Pasta is also available through Peapod