When I lived in LA, I was obsessed with this macrobiotic eatery just around the corner from me called M Cafe. Whenever I was feeling yucky (especially after a weekend of taco eating and wine), I would treat myself to a meal from here and would always leave feeling so much better. Every bite made my insides feel happy. This raw zucchini salad is one of the recipes I snagged from there and I am so happy I did. Not only is this salad super healthy but it actually fills you up!
☻1 large garlic clove, roughly chopped
☻1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
☻1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
Instructions for the Pesto Dressing:
Mix all of the ingredients together and blend together in a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, you can use a magic bullet- just add some water to help get things moving.
Instructions for the Salad:
1. Cut up all the Zucchini. Cut each Zucchini in half and then in halves again. Chop each of the pieces into thin Spaghetti like strips and place them in a large bowl. This is the “hardest” part as it takes some time…especially if you are an unexperienced cook like myself.
2. Finely chop up all the sun dried tomatoes and toss them into the bowl with the “noodles”.
2. Slice the almonds up ( I use pre-sliced almonds as it is easier!).
3. Add in the olive oil
4. Add in the Pesto sauce
5. Mix the sauce into the bowl until it is well blended.
6. Add in Salt and Pepper to taste
7.. Chop the Italian Parsley into tiny pieces and sprinkle it on top as garnish and voila!