Today I’m sharing a list of things I’ve packed in my hospital bag for labor. Having gone through this before, I feel like I know what is actually important to bring and what I can leave behind! Last time I overpacked…big time! I brought way too many baby outfits, I brought LED candles….. and a diffuser even to set the vibe. A lot of that stuff went untouched! I definitely feel more relaxed and confident going into it for round 2 yet at the same time- I am aware it could be a totally different experience! Keeping my mind set open!
Here are some of the key items that are packed:
CLOTHING & ACCESORIES
- Pajamas + Lounge Wear (As much as I love my white silk PJS, go with black- especially if you plan to try breastfeeding. This set from Amazon is SERIOUSLY a dream. I had expensive PJ’s last time and these are just as good if not better. I also got this set from Smash Tees that can double as sleep wear or lounge wear.
- Going home outfit (I packed black stretchy tights- really stretchy and an oversized sweater. Comfy, comfy, comfy). Also wore this “Pinot Please” sweatshirt last time and packed it again this time. Very fitting!
- Comfortable Underwear
- Fur slippers
- Shower sandals
- Extra Socks
- Eye Mask ( this one is amazing and only $9.00! Similar to the one I own that is literally $75!!)
- Two nursing bras – Love the ones from Sweat and Milk!
- Breast Pump- I didn’t use mine last time but I got this new wire free one that is so compact that I figured I might as well just in case. The brand is called Mon Lait and it’s just over $100! For 15% off, use code Marisa15
- Nipple butter ( I love all the Earth Mama stuff because it’s natural)
- Herbal perineal spray
- Rael feminine wipes – YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE THE SCRATCHY HOSPITAL TP!
- Frida Mom cooling pad liners Our hospital has these so check if yours does or not. If they don’t, I would definitely bring! Buy regardless because you will want them at home:)
- Going home outfit (maybe bring 2 of these since you don’t know how big they will be!). This jogging set is cute and comes in a lot of colours!
- Baby Blanket (LOVE the brand Lou Lou Lollipop! Nice to bring especially if it’s cold in the car seat)
- A onesie ( Chloe was wrapped in a hospital blanket most of the time which swaddle so, so well) but good to have a back up in case.
- Headbands/bows ( beauty doesn’t stop for anyone- even babies LOL)
- Extra-long phone cord (If you can scroll from your bed- you don’t want to be worrying about your battery being low
- Blanket and Pillow (I bring a pillow even when I am going to a friends cottage who I know has nice bed sets. Definitely recommend for hospital
- Boppy pillow – easier to try out breastfeeding on
- Gatorade ( I cannot tell you how thirsty I was post birth- this did the job when I needed hydration + fuel!)
- Rehydrating Lip Chap ( hospitals are super dry and there is nothing worse than dry/chapped lips!)