Our latest stay at The Dorchester Collingwood was nothing short of a dream. This boutique hotel in the heart of Collingwood, Ontario is the perfect blend of modern, historic and luxe and is the best place to stay if you are looking to book a weekend away in the area.
Conveniently located just 10 minutes to Blue Mountain village and the Scandinave Spa, The Dorchester Collingwood allows you to be close to the best restaurants in town but also close to the main attractions in the area.
Stepping into the building ( which dates back to the 1800’s by the way) makes you instantly feel like you are in for a good stay. Though the town is small and cute, The Dorchester Collingwood gives off “big city” vibes in their ultra sleek lobby area.
Adding to the modern touches is keyless room access where you can head right to your room and get settled in almost immediately at check in time.
This hotel opened in late 2021 so expect everything to feel brand new. I imagine that they will continue to add some awesome touches to the place as time goes on but in the meantime, I suggest booking a stay there as soon as possible!
The Rooms At The Dorchester Collingwood
The rooms at The Dorchester Collingwood are spacious, well thought out and include quite possibly some of the best robes I have ever put on.
Upon walking in, they had all the robes at the foot of the bed and it really sets the tone to the kind of experience you are in for.
We visited for a girls trip so we opted for the room with two beds. All rooms feature a kitchenette ( think coffee machines, mini fridges, tons of glassware for all your bevy’s, a kettle and an ice bucket!) and some of the larger units even have a bigger kitchen if you want to cook!
The best part of the room for me was the soaking tub and the checkered floor. Literally an Instagram dream but also made me feel like I was living in a swanky NYC apartment. I almost had to be dragged out of the bath by my girlfriends because I was in there for so long. Oops!
Looking to do more more Ontario Travel? Check out these posts below!
- 10 Pink Instagrammable Places in Mississauga, Ontario
- Visiting Ontario’s Newest Luxury Spa Hotel: The High Acre
- 5 Amazing Places To Go Strawberry Picking
- Niagara Bike Wine Tour That You Must Check Out
- 8 Things To Do in Crystal Beach, Ontario
Special Touches At The Dorchester
The Dorchester Collingwood features so many special touches within that I almost lost track of them all!
From the guide book that was situated bedside ( not an average hotel one, a cool and modern one that was genuinely so interesting to read through) to washcloths for your make up specifically, I was amazed.
Since we visited for a girls trip, we really enjoyed the in house record player and bose speaker within that allowed for some light dance parties! Though truth be told, if I came with my husband we would still be having a little dance party from the tunes on the record player. What a great touch and a nice way to make the space feel alive.
They also include a plexi luggage stand for your items in the closet which visually just looked cool and all the appliances ( fridge, kettle and coffee machine) were top of the lines products. Little touches like this go a long way for me and really amplify the whole experience.
What to Know Before Visiting The Dorchester Collingwood:
- The Dorchester Collingwood has keyless room access via your phone. Make sure your phone is charged so you never have an issue getting in!
- Parking is free and at the back of the building!
- Check in time is 3PM and Check out time is 11AM
- They have a mini fridge so if you want to bring snacks that require refrigeration you can definitely do that ( we brought hummus and carrots!)
- Nespresso is included and they even have cream and milk all set up for you in the fridge!
- If you are looking to eat dinner in town, I would recommend Bent Tacos ( if you are looking for tacos), Al Carbon ( if you are looking for a unique dining experience) or for fine dining, The Tremont Cafe
Since we visited in the summer, I would love to go back in the winter and get cozy in The Dorchester’s robes and run a hot bath…and maybe not even do anything else! I imagine the town of Collingwood looking extra cute during the holiday season and of course during the winter months- skiing and boarding is the main draw in the area!
I absolutely couldn’t recommend The Dorchester Collingwood more and I hope you are able to plan a visit there soon ( before more people end up finding out about it!!!)